WHAT IS LIGHT ENTREPRENEURSHIP?
Light entrepreneurship is a new and trendy option for starting your own business. A light entrepreneur is a self-employed person with the status of an entrepreneur who uses an invoicing service, such as FlexWork, for his work. Any private person can work as a light entrepreneur, completely without own business-ID.
When your company is considering a new employee or the use of temporary labor, employing a light entrepreneur is an excellent option. It doesn't force the person ordering the work like normal recruitment and is less financially risky.
You agree on the content of the work and the price to be paid for it together with the selected light entrepreneur. After that the light entrepreneur does the work and invoices you for the work that has been done.
Through the service, you can invoice private persons as well as companies, without setting up a company or the associated bureaucracy and risks.
You can use the service for invoicing a single job or for continuous invoicing, as there are no separate monthly payments.
FOR WHO LIGHT ENTREPRENEURSHIP IS FOR?
Light entrepreneurs can work for companies in almost all sectors or even for private persons.
However, it is not possible in the following exceptional cases:
• The assignment/industry requires large purchases from the light entrepreneur
- Waterproofing work in wet areas without the related field training and sertification.
• Sähkötyöt ilman kevytyrittäjän sähköasentajan koulutusta ja/tai yrityksesi sähköurakointilupaa
• Jobs that require a special permit, such as guarding, health care jobs or real estate brokerage.
• Food sales
• Personal meeting, lecture or presentation fees
• Transport and machine contracting work (when the total weight of the vehicle is over 3500kg)
FLEXWORK TAKE CARES FOR YOU
We take care of legal obligations for you.
- Light entrepreneur means a self-employed person through an invoicing service. A light entrepreneur works like an entrepreneur, but doesn't start own business. For the company, this means that when ordering services, legally speaking, it doesn't matter whether you use a entrepreneur or a light entrepreneur.
- For the company, the advantage of a light entrepreneur compared to an employee is that the employer's obligations are handled by a separate invoicing service company, for example FlexWork. A light entrepreneur is therefore less risky and easier to employ for the company's needs. There's always a risk in hiring an employee. If an employee is ill or is perhaps not quite as qualified as he promised in the job There's a very possible financial risk in recruitment. This potential problem doesn't exist with a light entrepreneurs.
- Nothing. FlexWork doesn't invoice the commissioning partner, but our business is based on a management fee in the form of a service percentage, which is deducted from the VAT-free amount of the invoiced amount before salary payment. Our service fee for light entrepreneurs is 3% and the extra fee is 2.5%. Our goal is always to grow our partners' business, not burden it.
- Whenever it's possible. Light entrepreneurship is not suitable for all sectors and jobs. For example, for sectors that require large purchases on behalf of the light entrepreneur, such as equipment. A light entrepreneur can't also carry out installation work subject to a permit if he does not have the required permits. If the light entrepreneur has, for example, an electrician's training, the invoiced company must have an electrical contracting license.
- You can start working with a light entrepreneur in three different ways:
1. When the work and light entrepreneur are clear, you can agree on the work and its terms. For FlexWork light entrepreneurs, we also offer a ready-made assignment template for this. After the work is completed, the invoice is sent through the FlexWork invoicing service.
2. We offer job orderers a free announcement channel where they can post open jobs for light entrepreneurs. The link of the open job can be shared in the different channels and applications will be directed directly to the FlexWork platform. Manage applications and offer automatic assignment agreement directly in the service. Invoicing for the work is done according to the contract.
3. Do you need a light entrepreneur for a single gig? On the platform, you can create a single gig and choose a right person for it. Choose a light entrepreneur and the work can begin!
- Light entrepreneurs must be taken care of as well as all employees. Therefore, the FlexWork invoicing service insures light enrepreneurs with accident and liability insurance. So if damage happens during the work gig, they are covered by comprehensive insurance. Accident and liability insurance is valid automatically for the duration of assignments when invoicing is done through FlexWork and it belongs to all those invoicing through the service without a separate charge.
- Light entrepreneurs are always insured during assignments. If human damage happens during the work, such as material damage due to assignments, for which the light entrepreneur is responsible, the liability insurance compensates such damages in accordance with the insurance conditions up to a maximum of 1,000,000 euros per damage, so that the light entrepreneur remains to pay the deductible according to the insurance conditions and the VAT portion of the compensation. The recipient of liability insurance is always an external operator.
- At FlexWork, of course, we hope that these cases will not happend, but sometimes accidents and injuries also occur during work. All of our light entrepreneurs are insured against accidents like this. Accident insurance also covers accidents that happened on the way to work, as well as expenses caused by occupational diseases caused by work. Accident insurance pays compensation in the event of an accident up to 20,000 euros/accident in accordance with the valid insurance terms, coverages and amounts, when the accident has occurred with an order invoiced through the Flexwork invoicing service.
- When creating an invoice light entrepreneur can choose the option "Reverse charge VAT Directive art 44.", in which case there will be a separate mention on the invoice for the invoiced company's VAT liability. Therefore, VAT is 0% on the invoice.
- Invoicing is also possible abroad, as long as the work itself is done in Finland. When invoicing abroad, VAT is always 0%, because other countries are not subject to Finnish taxation. The invoicing small business owner must also mention the VAT number of the invoicing company.
DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO ASK?
If you still have questions and the answer to your question was not found, please contact our customer service!